Thursday, June 19, 2008

Never Surrender


Well, Tuesday was my birthday, I have finally reached the fine ripe age of 39. I'm not old but I'm not young. I'm in the middle but it's not really middle age, or is it? Hmm, Mentally I don't feel 39, I still see myself the same as I always was, but with more fermented life experience. There are those days that I physically feel my age. Those days where parts of your body argues with you when you decide to break the night, or some of your limbs seem to ache more then other days.


"It's part of the cycle of age", I keep reminding myself. That countless of others before me have gone through, and I know I am not the last to reach this age.


So, in my journey of life my household and a friend of ours decided to go on a eating and excercise life change. By no means has it been easy because I have so many bad habits, one including inertia. I need that push to get me to exercise, so I find. I don't know if it has to do with laziness or not. It's just a mental block. I have it in me, I do it, and than I don't do anything. It's a bad habit I have to break. It's like a slow gunk buildup in a water pipe.

When I was in my twenties I was a go getter. Got up and just did it. Like Nike always say's on their ads "Just Do It!" Hopefully writing this will help me purge the evilness of "Not Doing it!" And continue my "Just Do It!" mentality.


I sometimes wonder what happened to that girl. Through my journey where did I become Ms. Suzy Excuses? Hopefully with this new challenge of a new life style I can pull her back out. So the contest begins my household has broke up into two teams. My brother and I being Team Nub and my Boyfriend and our friend Team L33T. The Goal is to lose 10 lbs by the end of the month. Eat and sleep right, as well as adding some kind of exercise. Our one friend needs to gain 8lbs, which will be very hard for him, he happens to have a very fast metabolism. Wish I had mine back. :D So, it will be interesting to see him accomplish the weight gain healthy.

So, here I am with the mind set of "Never Give up, Never Surrender!" from one of my favorite spoof movies Galaxy Quest. Here's a Happy birthday to me and a new mind set, a one step at a time mentality with a goal in mind. RAH!!!!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Rebecca said...

There are so many things to say.

Happy birthday for one! And congrats on your goal to lose weight - and getting people to do it with you is awesome - and definiately the way to go!

Good luck!

10:28 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Thank you! :-)

3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home