Sunday, April 03, 2005

** An Ancient Scroll Part 4**

Journal Entry 4:

I stood there bewildered by all these clues. “What just happened?” I thought. Suddenly I was aware of my environment, it seemed to get darker, than suddenly I heard squeaking, it was getting louder, I quickly looked up to see some giant bats heading my way; “OH DAM!!” I began to run, I couldn’t fight that many by myself, there were at least 20 of them flying towards me. With out thinking I began to run down the spiral stairwell with Bats in tow I sprinted my way out the door way, and more bats came my way. I thought to myself doing a mental mapping of the area, I had to run to the Merchant, there I could possibly get help. I was hoping I wouldn’t stumble, suddenly I felt a bite on my neck. “OUCH.” Still running I grabbed what bit me. It was one of those bloodsucking bats; “dam thing.” I grabbed it by the neck firmly punching it with my fist I heard it shriek each time I hit it. I kept beating it while running, still hearing the others behind my tail. I continued to run, trying to dodge other creatures in my path. Suddenly from behind me I heard a large growl, “great a bear!!” I thought. I finally reached the merchant house “BATS IN TOW!!” I began yelling like a mad person.

I was still unaware of what was behind me. Suddenly this large man on a steed came thumping into the merchant house, trailing behind him on his steed was this beautiful warrior woman. “Stop young traveler.” He yelled, we killed the bats for you. I jumped out from behind the merchant and danced the dance of joy. “Thank you kind sir!!” I sang back. “What were you doing up there?” “I was doing a quest which obviously almost got me killed.” I said back. “What in the world is that in your hand?” the stunning woman said. I stopped my dancing and realized I still had the evil bat still in my grasp, poor thing looked blue it was unconscious in my hand. A nearby enchanter looked at me and smiled she than started to enchant the creature for me. “Thank you.” I said to her smiling. “You’re quite welcome.” Quickly the bat came alive and followed its new mistress.

I turned to the two warriors and asked for their names I was so happy to meet new people. “I am Red Raider the Great and this is my lovely companion Theabelle.” He said grandly. He was a warrior in full silver armor, his red hair boomed with vibrant color, as fierce as he looked sitting on his steed, he was charming. As for Theabelle she was just plain beautiful, with her soft white tresses softly hanging behind her pretty face, one could tell that she was not one to be reckoned with, but they both seem so nice. They were an eye-catching looking couple. “Thank you for your help, both of you.” I said. I majestically bowed to both of them; I was just relieved that they had helped me. “Where are you off to traveler,” Theabelle said as she hopped off the tall steed. “Well I have to figure out another quest riddle. I have no clue where to go next.” I started to recite what the ghost had said to me;

“Aggressive are their true spirit, docile in
appearance and form, the bell rings, ringing of their
return, arm yourself fully, misjudging these foes will
lead one to the skies above. The stream of life is
full of wisdom.”


“Oh that sounds like the stream near the covered bridge?” Theabelle said, “Sure does Belle.” Red Raider added in. “Hmm…do you know where that is?” “We sure do follow us.” They both said in rhythm. I gathered myself, and went to the mender to mend anything that needed to be fixed, and boy was there a lot to be mended. “Are you coming?” Theabelle yelled out as she sat behind red. “Yes! I’m almost done. Ok done!” I gathered my stuff and ran behind them.

Down a path they rode as I trailed down behind them. There were gnolls everywhere, all of different type, darkpaw scouts, and soliders, camped in different areas all over the hills. “Be careful not to get too close.” Theabelle yelled from behind Red. I nodded in agreement. We reached a covered bridge with a sentry standing in front of it. “Jump in the water.” Red said. I looked at them as If they went batty, "Did I smell that bad?" I thought to myself. “There is a magical trout in there, perhaps he may offer you some clue?” Theabelle said softly.

“Ok!” and into the water I jumped swimming all around. Suddenly from behind me a trout nibbled at my ear. “Huh!?!?” I swam up to the top for air ready to do battle. Instead it followed me up to the top and spoke; “Good day to thee traveler?” it said. My eyes opened widely, a talking fish I thought “Why would I be so surprised” Than suddenly he said;

“Beacon of light will guide your way,
Top the spiral stairs will be your next clue
Seek the task master; she will lead u to one

The One becomes the many,
Into the Dark Caverns the
Venture will continue.”


And the trout swam away.


To be continued..The final story..

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home