Saturday, April 02, 2005

** An Ancient Scroll Part 3 **

Journal Note 3:

What an exciting day, another clue, I sat there disheveled and exhausted on the fields pondering it all. I smiled and began to reach into my backpack looking for my meal and trusty map. It was a local map of all the places I had been to in this area, there were markings all over it like a checker board marking every single detail of my journey's , as if a chicken ran across haphazardily thru my map. They were markings of places I had ventured into either by myself or with a group of like minded adventurers. Suddenly in my minds eye the Bell tower popped into picture. I jumped up shouting, “Eureka!! That has to be it.” I was very excited by my revelation so much so I think I scared one of the scarecrows causing it to move to the other side of the field. Smiling at my new found revelation I began packing up the rest of my food and belongings. With a heave ho I started my venture towards the twin towers in Antonica.

I Ran thru all sorts of beasts; wolves, bears, badgers, and cute little deer. I tried my best not to run into anything too dangerous making sure my concentration was on the tower now. I continued my run North-East pass the twin towers. There she was a withered old brick belfry; it looked so unkept and sad to me. Large pieces of stone were missing from the surrounding tower that over looked Antonica. I was still far from it, but could still see her scars from years of wear and war. As I continued to run, still admiring her from a distance, within me stirred mixed feelings of excitement and sadness on what I would find.

I finally reached the top of the hill where the tower was and to my amazement there were bats everywhere. Groups here and there full of them, bats in the belfry, bats surrounding the belfry, and bats outside of the belfry. I felt as if I were almost going batty. I had to quietly crawl to the ground making my way up to the front of the ruined tower. I had to be very careful not to stir up the bats above. They were extremely large and deadly, and this was not a day I wanted to die.

Finally making my way thru the doorway I continued pushing myself up the spiral stone stairs. I was so exhausted from my travel that climbing each step towards the bell was burdensome. I just had to get to the top no matter what. Finally I made it catching my breath, breathing in deeply the fresh crisp air that seemed to breeze thru the towers open wounds.

What a sight it was from up here. Looking straight up the top I saw more bats; scanning around the bells inner sanctum I saw a curious figure, an apparition of a male spirit. “Good day sir how may I assist you?” It said to me. I froze in place, “Go-od, doing well.” He turned towards me and smiled, giving me goose bumps; I think every piece of hair on my body was standing up at attention; chills ran up and down my spine. I thought to myself; "be brave I didn't come this far to cower over an apparition; use ur wits perhaps he would know about the scroll I held in my leather pack was all about. "

Reaching into it I pulled out the scroll and unrolled it and began reading the words to the spirit. He just stared at me blankly, I guess ghosts do that? He just stood there once in a while flicking in and out like fire in a hearth. I began to ask; “Kind spirit would u know what this would mean?” I looked at him hoping he would. Suddenly he began to chant some words and this is what he said;

“Aggressive are their true spirit, docile in
appearance and form, the bell rings, ringing of their
return, arm yourself fully, misjudging these foes will
lead one to the skies above. The stream of life is
full of wisdom.”


And with that the spirit disappeared.

- To be Continued..

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home